This list is intended solely for your convenience
and is not to be taken as an endorsement of any suppliers by the SSI.
General calligraphy supplies
- Nibs, pen sets, fountain pens and markers; inks and paints;
Drawing equipment, Chinese calligraphy equipment and Gilding supplies.
Orders online or by main order only.
- Calligraphy pens and calligraphy inks for fountain pens and dip pens available worldwide by mail order from our UK base
- L Cornelissen & Son
- Known throughout the world as a specialist niche supplier of art materials from premises that a 19th Century apothecary
would recognise. Stocks a wide range of drawing and calligraphy equipment and materials including Pelikan, Talens and Roberson products,
Sumi ink, and reed and quill pens.
- Penman Direct
- A small company noted for prompt delivery. Some unusual items stocked, such as Coit pens, folded ruling pens,
parts for Osmiroid pens, a good selection of vintage nibs, Walkers copperplate ink and Brause (Bandzug Feder) nibs.
- Manuscript Pen Co
- A family owned calligraphy company based in Shropshire, dating from 1856 via D.Leonardt & Co. Specialising in the development,
production and sale of calligraphy fountain pens, dip pens and nibs.
- Great Art
- A huge range of materials and equipment for artists of all sorts, including Brause nibs, ink sticks and grinding stones,
and Hiro poster nibs.
Books and journals
- Wide range of books relating to calligraphy and lettering and their history.
- John Neal
- Bookseller in North Carolina, USA, stocking a wide range of books on calligraphy and lettering.
Contact for Letter Arts Review
- Griffen Mill
- Griffen Mill specialises in making archival quality, handmade papers primarily designed for bookbinders and paper conservators.
The traditional character of these papers also make them useful for historical reproductions of books and manuscripts.
Griffen Mill has also managed to recreate an archival ledger paper that matches the properties of the famous ledger paper made by Whatmans
in the first part of 1900s.
- Art and hand made paper for calligraphers. Watercolour papers, Himalayan papers, Mulberry and Japanese papers,
- Shepherds Falkiner
- One of the worlds leading suppliers of traditional and contemporary fine art paper and specialist Japanese papers.
- John Purcell Paper
- An extensive range of papers and boards available from stock from their south London warehouse.
- R K Burt
- UK based suppliers of fine art papers, offering a range of products for different artistic media and printing.
- Established over 50 years ago as a manufacturer of fine quality artists' and signwriters' brushes, A.S.Handover Ltd.
still make a wide range of hand made brushes at its premises in London and Welwyn Garden City.
- W Habberley Meadows
- Stock a full range of gold leaf and silver leaf gilding supplies, gold gilding products and gilding materials.
Our staff are expert gold beaters who produce very high quality gold leaf.
- Wright of Lymm
- Owned by the Stonehouse family, gold-beaters since 1936.
- Stuart Stevenson
- Established in 1980, and with a stock of over 60,000 different items, Stuart R Stevenson is the foremost supplier
of artist's and gilding materials in the UK.