This list is intended solely for your convenience
and is not to be taken as an endorsement of any suppliers by the SSI.
General calligraphy supplies
- Nibs, pen sets, fountain pens and markers; inks and paints;
Drawing equipment, Chinese calligraphy equipment and Gilding supplies.
Orders online or by main order only.
- Calligraphy pens and calligraphy inks for fountain pens and dip pens available worldwide by mail order from our UK base
- L Cornelissen & Son
- Known throughout the world as a specialist niche supplier of art materials from premises that a 19th Century apothecary
would recognise. Stocks a wide range of drawing and calligraphy equipment and materials including Pelikan, Talens and Roberson products,
Sumi ink, and reed and quill pens.
- Penman Direct
- A small company noted for prompt delivery. Some unusual items stocked, such as Coit pens, folded ruling pens,
parts for Osmiroid pens, a good selection of vintage nibs, Walkers copperplate ink and Brause (Bandzug Feder) nibs.
- Manuscript Pen Co
- A family owned calligraphy company based in Shropshire, dating from 1856 via D.Leonardt & Co. Specialising in the development,
production and sale of calligraphy fountain pens, dip pens and nibs.
- Great Art
- A huge range of materials and equipment for artists of all sorts, including Brause nibs, ink sticks and grinding stones,
and Hiro poster nibs.
Books and journals
- Wide range of books relating to calligraphy and lettering and their history.
- John Neal
- Bookseller in North Carolina, USA, stocking a wide range of books on calligraphy and lettering.
Contact for Letter Arts Review
- Art and hand made paper for calligraphers. Watercolour papers, Himalayan papers, Mulberry and Japanese papers,
- Shepherds Falkiner
- One of the worlds leading suppliers of traditional and contemporary fine art paper and specialist Japanese papers.
- John Purcell Paper
- An extensive range of papers and boards available from stock from their south London warehouse.
- R K Burt
- UK based suppliers of fine art papers, offering a range of products for different artistic media and printing.
- Established over 50 years ago as a manufacturer of fine quality artists' and signwriters' brushes, A.S.Handover Ltd.
still make a wide range of hand made brushes at its premises in London and Welwyn Garden City.
- W Habberley Meadows
- Stock a full range of gold leaf and silver leaf gilding supplies, gold gilding products and gilding materials.
Our staff are expert gold beaters who produce very high quality gold leaf.
- Wright of Lymm
- Owned by the Stonehouse family, gold-beaters since 1936.
- Stuart Stevenson
- Established in 1980, and with a stock of over 60,000 different items, Stuart R Stevenson is the foremost supplier
of artist's and gilding materials in the UK.