- to 10 June
- South Hampshire Calligraphers exhibition, Reflections, at Romsey Abbey, Romsey, Hampshire.
The exhibition moves to Basingstoke Discovery Centre 17-29 June.
Visit www.southhantscalligraphers.co.uk for more information
- to 18 May
- Crafts Study Centre exhibition Head, Hand, Heart: reflections on a practice: Ann Hechle and Ewan Clayton reflect
on the lives and work of pioneers such as Edward Johnston and Irene Wellington, and discover how various aspects of their practice
are present in – and transformed within – their own work today.
Crafts Study Centre, University for the Creative Arts, Falkner Road, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7DS. Tel: 01252 891450;
- to 18 May
- Art in Action at Waterperry House, Waterperry, Wheatley, Oxfordshire OX33 1JZ. www.artinaction.org.uk
- 22 – 27 July
- Lyndsey Scribes exhibition, Pen to Paper, in the Chapter House, Lincoln Cathedral.
- 14 Sept
- Lindsey Scribes demonstrate calligraphy in the Wren Library at Lincoln Cathedral. Admission to the Cathedral free on this Heritage Day.
- 5 Oct
- SSI AGM at The Art Workers Guild.
- 23 Nov
- SSI Research & Technical Day.
Letter Exchange Lectures
- 15 May
- David Jones, poet and creative writing tutor: Out of the air
- All welcome. Lectures are on Wednesdays at 6.30pm prompt at The Art Workers Guild, 6 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AT. (Nearest underground stations: Holborn and Russell Square.) Entry (payable at door): members £6.00, non-members £8.00, students £4.00. Programme of lectures: www.letterexchange.org/about-us/news.html.
Designer Bookbinders Lectures
At The Art Workers Guild, details above.
Admission: DB Members £5-00, non-members £7-00, students £2-50.
Three Saturday lectures: DB Members £14-00, non-members £20-00, students £6-50.
Further details from Julia Dummett and Rachel Ward-Sale 01273 486718
Web site www.designerbookbinders.org.uk.